So What's Better: Watching College Football or Professional Football

The NFL Combine is coming this spring and I will do everything in my might to not miss one event. I live for the combines just because of how they show off draftees and their individual abilities and skills that they can bring on the field.

Now I personally believe college football players are very exciting to watch. Why? Well, just because of the raw emotion and talent these athletes possess. I really think that a lot of them actually take that ambition of becoming a professional athlete and mix it with their grind and mindset. Personally, I do believe words are a power source and the energy of your actions are the fuel to execute it. The drive these young men have not only excites me but also inspires me. I was talking to an athlete and of course our discussion turns over to him, I asked, "What exactly do you want to do in case playing professional football does not work out for you?" He pauses before he actually tell me his answer. Finally, he says to me,"Honestly, my goal is to make it to my plan A, I don't want to talk about plan B. I know I have to start thinking about a back up plan but I'm really just chasing a dream right now."

I know as cliché as this might sound but when he said that to me, of course I was already intrigued about him but just that sentence, that answer opened up my mind a little more to the subject. Opened my mind to an understanding that these young men don't just play a sport but that this sport is a lifestyle for them. So why do I think professional football is missing that drive?

Professional football players sometimes give off that feeling like, "Well I'm already here, so what else am I striving for?" I know there are a lot of players in the NFL or CFL who may not feel this way but someone who I know of, don't know personally told a very close friend of mine that same statement. I would love if that player would understand that you can strive to be the best in the league. Anyone who's on the professional level in fact, to understand there are players who wish they were in your shoes and I mean the ones who either had to leave the NFL or CFL or didn't get their contracts renewed.

In closing to this little blog entry, my final words are don't let the accomplishment of your goal diminish your drive to strive even higher. 

Comments

Popular Posts